Dom DeLuca Italian Restaurant
Positioned in the KTA Supermarket Waimea Middle, formerly Luna, with chef Moses “Moki” Taveres, is Dom DeLuca Italian Cafe.
The restaurant’s intention is to make its individual pasta, pizza dough, sauce, dressing and dessert in-house working with new, nearby fish, Major Island beef, greens, veggies, fruits and ice cream.
The title Dom DeLuca is the identify of proprietor Harry Wishard’s grandfather and fits in properly with the ambience of the restaurant. Harry and his spouse, Maria Jamarillo, have constantly wished to personal a restaurant and the possibility opened up. It aids that Harry Wishard Gallery is next doorway.
Future designs are to have a door to the gallery so supper can be served there.
We experienced a pleasant late lunch, which is served from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Lunch features a assortment of interesting sandwiches, pizzas, appetizers and smaller plates, salads, pasta, entrees and desserts.
We ordered the BLT, the basic mixture of bacon, lettuce and tomato, this 1 with garlic aioli, served on a ciabatta bun with a cup of the soup of the working day, which was potato leek.
The Caesar salad, a different classic, was a familiar combine of newborn romaine lettuce, the restaurant’s ideal dressing and Pecorino Romano cheese. I comprehensively enjoyed the salad as the lettuce was tender, I would guess, hydroponic toddler romaine,
Other fascinating objects on the menu include things like:
• The hen Caesar sandwich with grilled rosemary rooster, romaine lettuce, tomato and Caesar dressing on a ciabatta bun.
• Fish of the day with lettuce, onion, tomato and home-manufactured tartar sauce on a ciabatta bun.
• A grilled beef patty with lettuce, onion, tomato and garlic aioli served on a brioche bun with decision of cheddar or Swiss cheese.
• The Classico sandwich of salami, pepperoni, mozzarella, greens, tomato, black olives, onion and garlic aioli served on a ciabatta bun.
• The Caprese sandwich with pesto, fresh new mozzarella, lettuce, onion and tomato served on a ciabatta bun.
Pasta and entree goods contain:
• Fresco Verde-Spaghetti with garlic, basil-infused olive oil and contemporary Waimea tomatoes.
• Marinara spaghetti with Dom DeLuca’s vivid household-manufactured sauce designed with tomatoes and basil and spices.
• Bolognese pasta with a meat sauce.
• Alfredo with mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic and product.
• Puttanesca with fettuccine, tomato sauce, anchovies, capers, garlic and olives.
• Pesto product with sauteed mushroom and kale, rigatoni pasta and creamy macadamia nut pesto.
• Carbonara with apple-smoked bacon, garlic, wine, egg and Pecorino Romano more than spaghetti.
Other entrees include things like:
• Vegetable risotto with gluten cost-free risotto and clean veggies.
• Rooster marsala with hen in marsala wine and butter sauce around fettuccine.
• Shrimp scampi with sauteed shrimp in common garlic, butter and white wine sauce more than spaghetti.
• Debbie’s Marifredo with rigatoni, sausage, mushrooms, marinara and Alfredo sauce and goat cheese.
Interesting pizzas contain:
• The Greco with tomato sauce, feta, onion, Kalamata olives, tomato and mozzarella.
• The Isola Grande with braised pork belly, onion, new pineapple and mozzarella.
• The Lunico with sausage, mushrooms, zucchini, seasonal greens, mozzarella and serrano aioli.
• The Ana with kale beneath mozzarella, sliced meatballs, melted Gorgonzola and clean diced tomatoes.
• The Caprino E Fico with goat cheese, onions, black figs, mozzarella and arugula.
Generating you hungry nonetheless for some excellent Italian foodstuff?
Dom De Luca Cafe is open up from midday-8:30 p.m. day by day. Call 887-1313 for reservations.
HCC’s Food items Company Section
The Bamboo Hale is open for takeout only. Lunches are $15 for entree, appetizer, salad or soup, dessert and fresh new bread with compound butter.
Phone 934-2591 to place your get. Choose up is from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday via Thursday.
• Nowadays by way of Thursday: European regular menu and food items of Spain.
• April 6-8: shut.
• April 13-15: France unique.
• April 20-22: European and Italy special.
• April 23-24: closed.
• April 27-29: European and Germany.
Remember to aid the culinary pupils and place your orders for lunch.
Email Audrey Wilson at [email protected]